Everything you need to know about Content marketing and social media marketing
“Content is king.” This phrase that did not come out of nowhere is one of the axioms of e-marketing. Your successful marketing message is one that includes good and relevant content. Today, with the presence of many companies on the Internet, it has become necessary for your e-marketing efforts to be characterized by “ Content”.
Content marketing is sharing different forms of content that meet the needs of your audience and provide value to them in order to attract their interest. But what is the importance of attracting audience interest in e-marketing?
Attracting the audience’s interest is a vital factor, as it brings your site visits from search engines, gives the audience an idea of your products, and represents an opportunity to communicate with the audience and thus build trust between you and them. The content takes different forms, for example a post, post, video, infographic, book or catalog.
Start content marketing from day one and this will achieve your goal in the future and give you organic traffic from search engines. As for the detailed steps for e-marketing with content; Here are the most important ones:
- Create a blog for your company immediately, present yourself as a leader in your field, and write blog posts that do not hesitate to share your experiences to gain loyal followers who will later become your promoters, and use attention-grabbing titles for your blog posts.
- Share blog content on your social media accounts, and add buttons to the blog that make it easy to share content on these sites.
- Set a posting schedule and stick to it.
- Write a book or guide that meets a customer need (like the one you’re reading).
- Write on popular blogs with the same type of readers you target, and tag your site within the post to get more traffic.
- Write about others in your field, companies and individuals, who will most likely share the content with their audience, so you will gain a faster spread, and they may do the same with you.
- Use infographics to give your content a wide reach on social networks.
Social media marketing
Facebook is used by 1.5 billion people every day, and by simple calculation compared to the total world population, nearly one-fifth of the world’s population logs into Facebook every day, which means that your current and future customers often have accounts on Facebook.
Social media marketing is the use of these sites to draw your audience’s attention to your website, by creating engaging content that encourages them to share it.
Social networking sites are many and witnessing continuous growth, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, and Pinterest. So do not put yourself under the pressure and exhaustion of matching many of them, and focus on the sites that interest you the most and expand your e-marketing activity with them. The following are the most important steps of e-marketing through social media:
- Create an account on the social media sites that are most useful to you, take care of choosing a cover photo, and put the link to your site in the post of the photo to represent a link that leads to your site.
- Include pictures of your products, or use Facebook templates like “Business” and “Shopping”, to make it easy to post your own offers on your page, and to publish your products in the form of a store.
- Post your posts on your social accounts, as the link between the blog and social networking sites generates non-stop traffic.
- Communication sites have a social nature, so when using them for the purpose of e-marketing, they are not limited to publishing commercial content, and use a ratio of 1: 3 (1 commercial content, 3 useful or entertaining content) in determining the quality of publications content.
- Avoid generic non-commercial content and make it relevant to your company’s industry (for example, if you use e-marketing to sell sports equipment, don’t share motivational phrases).
- Find out when your followers are active using a service like Facebook Insights, then schedule content posting with a tool like Hootsuite or Buffer to keep the content flowing regularly at those times.
- Interact with your followers by answering their questions, responding to their comments, and following up on their complaints.
- If your budget allows, use social media ads, and be precise in targeting the category to which the ad appears to match your target audience.
Before we move on to talking about the next method of e-marketing, there is something important to learn about marketing via social media, which is not to use social media as a first method in marketing your products, because if Twitter is disrupted or Facebook changes its policies, marketing efforts will be affected. Your email is paralyzed. Rather, make e-marketing through social networking sites a means to increase your growth, and if you ask, what is the basis for growth in e-marketing, the answer we will discuss shortly is e-mail marketing.